From: Michael Ellestad (bowlturner_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 06/12/2002

Dr. Curtis,

  Several times this year I have seen
infralateral arc in in complex displays on the days feb 18th, feb 24th, and may 15th in a splendid high display. On eway of telling is the bright colors and infralateral arc forms at any solar elevation when the sun is over 58 deg in solar elevation it curves beneath the sun and if the sun gets higher it will resemble the circumhorizontal arc. I have photos from may 15th that show both, infralateral and circumhorizontal arcs, There was also a sharp vivid circumscribed halo as well and a parhelic circle. I can't send no photos because I am not at my pc at home and besides I will be on vacation for two weeks in florida where I hope to see some "floridian" halos.

Best,
Michael

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! - Official partner of 2002 FIFA World Cup http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com