From: Michael Ellestad (bowlturner_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 06/12/2002

Claudia,

  These 90d parhelia what could form them? mutiple scattering or something? The reddish boundry I think is caused by net refraction but I could be wrong because I have seen parhelic circle with bluish interior with reddish boundry I wonder if 90d parhelia form like 120d parhelia except with a deviation angle of 90 degrees instead of 120 degrees.

Also May has given me tons of great halos including three pyramidal displays. I can't send photos because I am at my grandparents going to leaving for two week vacation to florida where I hope I see windhosen on water AKA wasserhosen after all I have always dreamed of seeing a tornado! I also hope to see some "Floridian" halos too:)

I won't be able to check my email but as I said if its something spectacular you can still send mail but no HUGE files.

Good luck for more 90 degree parhelia and other awesome halos.

Best,
Michael AKA the American halo watcher

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! - Official partner of 2002 FIFA World Cup http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com