From: Kevin Boyle (Newchapelobservatory_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 12/23/2002

Hi Michael, Jim, Les (and all)

The closest thing to a 22 degree Lunar halo that I've seen during the past couple of weeks was a bright colourful corona. The corona around the Moon was caused by altocumulus lenticular type clouds and all the colours of the
rainbow were seen There was also a partial secondary corona which was fainter but obvious enough.

Still, it's reassuring that there are still people observing phenomenon.

I thought everybody had gone into hibernation!

Christmassy regards

Kevin