From: Jarmo Moilanen (halos_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 12/23/2002

Hi Pascal and others,

That 9th Nov sounds great. But do you mean Greenler's diffuse anthelic arcs,
which are sometimes a pillar like structure at anthelion point escpecially in low sun displays, when you talk about the anthelion pillar? If so, that has to be a good one.

Nothing special here in Finland either. Some nice lunar 22d halos in couple
of nights.

Seeson greetings to everybody from Finland!

Jarmo Moilanen
FHON (Finnish Halo Observing Network) halot_at_ursa.fi FHON's homepage: http://www.ursa.fi/ursa/jaostot/halot/english.html (updated
couple of weeks ago)

> Hi ice-watchers!
> I am another newcomer in the mailing list...
>
> Nothing much new these last weeks, apart from nice moon halo last
thursday
(I
> live in Luleå, north of Sweden).
>
> But last 9th of november (still in Luleå), with sun elevation of about

above
> horizon, I saw beautiful Supra-Lateral Arcs, accompanied by a Superior
Tangent
> Arc, and a faint Anthelic Pillar (faint but undeniable, because the
first
arc I
> saw from the display). After some ten minutes, the Supra-Lateral Arcs
slowly
> disappeared, and parhelia appeared on both sides. The Anthelic Pillar
was
no
> more to see then.
> Other sun pillars now and then in November and December.
>

> for Sandy about the moon halos :
>
> I think you will receive a lot of answers, but anyway, here is mine :
> I am fairly new to this mailing list too, but not to those sky
phenomena.
I use
> to surf on the Internet and jump from site to site about those. And the
> following page will interest you:
> http://www.sundog.clara.co.uk/halo/moonhal.htm
> The home page of that page is :
> http://www.sundog.clara.co.uk/atoptics/phenom.htm
>
> The site explains everything in a very clear way, and the pictures as
well
as