From: Jun Lao (antares_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 11/09/1996

Juergen,

I've seen the responses to the potential mechanisms to your diffuse light source. I'm not sure if this is a stupid suggestion, but could it be a strong light like they sometimes use in outdoor concerts or the like?

I recall that one of our members related a "UFO" sighting she had - an ellipse of light that moved around in no particular fashion. Then, a few days later she reported back that she read of a disco party where they had these high-intensity light beams focused on the sky.

One thing about this theory though is that normally the beam is visible, unless the air is quite clear of airborne dust, and you only have a haze or cloud layer where the lightbeam (shades of the Batman signal!) is projected on.

Just a thought.

Jun
Jun Lao <antares_at_pworld.net.ph>
Philippine Astronomical Society