From: Chris Luginbuhl (cbl_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 07/11/1996

I note the discussion relating to light-polluted skies in and near large cities.

At the risk of preaching, I would like to pass on to members of this list the following URL:

http://www.darksky.org/~ida/index.html

This is the International Dark-Sky Association's home page. The preservation
(and recovery) of dark skies for night-time observing, astronomical, atmospheric or just aesthetic, needs the attention of aware and concerned people. A lot goes on with outdoor lighting that should appall people of conscience.

Just though I'd pass it along.

Chris

Christian B. Luginbuhl
U.S. Naval Observatory Flagstaff Station Flagstaff Arizona USA
Supporting Member, IDA