From: WICHB000_at_hidden_email_address.net
Date: 07/11/1996

Timo Kinnunen <stars_at_PERSONAL.EUNET.FI> wrote:

> We finns have some anecdotes about raising one arm for example in a=20
>crowded railway station while observing a complex halo display. One
method I=

... and especially in Germany, you have to be very careful how to raise your arm. You could be misunderstood ... I never have my arm without a right angle between upper arm and ellbow while seraching for haloes...

Another "finnish halo-joke" I heard of was the one with the "halo brothers" -
halo observers wear sunglasses almost as often as Jake and Elwood in the cult movie Blues Brothers...

"In mission from the haloes",
Burkhard Wiche.