From: Jun Lao (antares_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 07/10/1996

At 11:46 AM 7/9/96 -0400, Lew wrote:
>>Anyone ever experience such awesome displays when the whole sky is one
>>big blanket of yellow, salmon, or peach? What causes these (or it goes
>>around the question of "Why is the sky blue?")?
>
>Skies in Boston are frequently pink to peach at NIGHT, Jun. But that's
>unfortunately just because of the reflected light pollution. :(
>
>Lew Gramer
>Medford, Massachusetts, USA

I know the feeling, Lew. I lived in Chicago for 7 months, and I swear, I think I can read from my window because of the bright red skies at night. Think the only thing I could see through all that light and haze was the moon, Jupiter, and Sirius! It's a good thing that Manila hasn't reached that stage, where the red skies are still hugging the horizon and not reaching the top.

Jun

<        Jun Lao, Editor, the Appulse       >
<    The Philippine Astronomical Society    >
< Bringing the Heavens Down to the Filipino >