From: Lew Gramer (dedalus_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 07/08/1996

I've been lurking on meteoptic up til now, but Timo and Paul's very informative

What distinguishes the neutrosphere from the ionosphere? The degree to which
atmospheric gases are ionized? By what? Meteor infall? Cosmic radiation? Solar
wind? Also, how does the level of the ionosphere relate to changes in Earth's
magnetic field and the associated radiation belts?

Just a curious question from a relative newbie: I've been interested in meteorics for many years, but never before had the time to study meteorology or
atmospheric science... Until meteoptic came along. Fascinating list!

Clear skies,
Lew Gramer