From: Les Cowley (aad74_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 06/29/1996

Jun Lao wrote:
>>Here at latitude 53N there have been sundogs on five of the
>>last six days of westerlies and high pressure.
>Here in the tropics I've been seeing haloes for the past
>week too!

 ---

>Just goes to show that if you always look up, there is
>something that can get to perk you up.

To test an impression that halo phenomena are possibly more frequent than generally thought, I have started to 'look up' frequently and keep records so as to estimate just how often different halo phenomena occur. Being indoors most of the day out of necessity, I am clearly not going to get very reliable results. Are Meteoptic members aware of any more systematic surveys of frequency and the effects of season and latitude?

Les Cowley
aad74_at_dial.pipex.com