From: watcher_at_hidden_email_address.net
Date: 06/14/1996

I presume most northern observers in this group have seen their first NLC by now. On June 11-12 ~06 UT I saw a broad sheet with nice slanting bands, maximum height about 12 degrees, spanning a good 90 degrees of azimuth. A friend reported some a few nights earlier but I don't have the date handy.

NLCs are one of the few blessings to astronomy enthusiasts in the land of perpetual twilight.

Alister.