From: Tom McEwan (tmcewan-kersland_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 05/28/1996

> Do you have any detection of NLC on this spring. By very
> preliminary results we have at least two displays in
> Finland in May. This is not very extraordinary in our
> latitudes. In Finland there are some display every year
> in May. The June is better, but the light sky disturb
> quite a lot, so July is to the best month in 60-65th
> latitudes.

So far I haven't heard mention of any NLC's from the UK, though it's early days yet. I generally start noticing NLC's on the first week of June (from Central Scotland, Lat 55.45' N).

> I want to advertice NLC observing pages by Tom McEvan:
> http://www.tr-net.com/~kersland/nlc/nlchome.htm

Many thanks for mentioning my NLC pages. Please note, the correct URL is:

 http://www.u-net.com/~kersland/nlc/nlchome.htm

> Is there any idea to larger cooperation between NLC
> observers in Internet? Publishing results? Compare
> and develop observing technics etc.?

I'd be interested in seeing something of this kind develop and would be happy to contribute my own results. I will also start to post preliminary observations onto my NLC Web site as the season progresses.

Tom

Tom McEwan. Glengarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland Lat 55.45'N Long 04.40W
E-Mail: tmcewan_at_kersland.u-net.com