From: Tom McEwan (tmcewan_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 06/15/1996

> I presume most northern observers in this group have seen their
> first NLC by now. On June 11-12 ~06 UT I saw a broad sheet with nice
> slanting bands, maximum height about 12 degrees, spanning a good 90
> degrees of azimuth. A friend reported some a few nights earlier but
> I don't have the date handy.

>From here in Scotland I've observed 3 NLC displays so far, on; June
07-08, 11-12 and 12-13. Early reports from across Europe indicate NLC has been sighted on; May 05-06, 06-07, 25-26, June 05-06, 06-07, 07-08, 09-10, 10-11, 11-12 and 12-13. Though these results are provisional, it looks as if NLC incidence is once again at a good level. I've been regularly updating news on the latest NLC sightings on my web pages at:

http://www.personal.u-net.com/~kersland/nlc/nlchome.htm

Have any other 'meteoptic' subscribers observed NLC this year?

Tom

Tom McEwan. Glengarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland E-Mail: tmcewan_at_kersland.u-net.com