From: bp (cloudbow_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 12/28/1999

I saw what I think was a sun dog today. I wanted to stop and take a photograph, but I was driving down a highway and by the time there was a place to pull over, it had already faded. What I saw were bright rainbow colors on a cloud that was to the right of but on the same level as the sun
in the sky. It was late afternoon, around 3:30-3:45. I didn't know enough to look for a similar effect to the left of the sun, until I got home and looked at my cloud chart.

The cloud chart indicated it was a sun dog, but the Audubon weather field guide didn't have anything exactly like it, so I'm still not positive what it was.

Bev Parks
Southeastern Arizona