From: Jarmo Moilanen (jarmom_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 08/25/2000

Request for Halo Photos

>From Walter Tape

University of Alaska Fairbanks

Jarmo Moilanen and I are writing a book on atmospheric halos which is to be
published by the American Geophysical Union in 2003. The book will begin at an
expository level, but the eventual goal is to treat odd radius and other exotic
halos. We welcome submissions of halo photographs, preferably slides for possible use in the book. We will consider any outstanding halo photos, but we
are especially looking for photos of odd radius displays that show particular
halos well, or which show complex displays, or which illustrate typical halo
associations or other features.

We expect to have good color reproduction. Compensation for photos has not been
settled at this time; probably it will be a copy of the book, for photos that
are used in the book. And of course fame and glory.

Please say so if you wish your slides to be returned. We will do our best to be
careful with slides that are submitted, but we cannot absolutely guarantee their
safety.

Send slides to one of the addresses below.

Jarmo Moilanen
Säräisniementie 250
FIN-91760 SÄRÄISNIEMI
FINLAND Walter Tape