From: Karl Kaiser (k.kaiser_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 09/21/2000

Dear members of the mailing-list,

In the morning of 4th April, 2000 I observed an interesting halo phaenomenon in Rohrbach (Upper Austria): I saw the 22° and 46°halo, both 22°parheliae, the upper tangent arc of the 22°halo, upper sun-pillar, circumzenithal arc and an unknown halo with the colors like a sundog - towards the sun red and on the other side blue. It was situated 3.5 to 4 degrees outside the 22°halo above the left sundog and therefore I think it was no 24° Upper A Parhelia.

I have put drawings and images of
<http://home.eduhi.at/member/nature/met/halo.htm> the phenomenon at my
homepage that show the real arrangement of the halos in the sky. The second sketch with the scale matches exactly the distances measured on the slide.

The photographs were taken with a 35 mm objectiv. Time of exposure: 0540 UT.

My observation is published in Meteoros
<http://members.tripod.com/~sunlight9/meteoros/meteoros.htm> , 3/7, 2000
(Informations of the "Arbeitskreis Meteore e.V", Germany).

Can anybody explain my observation? - Thank you!

Best regards to you all from

Karl

Karl Kaiser
http://home.eduhi.at/member/nature