From: Jarmo Moilanen (jarmom_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 05/08/2002

Hi Michael and listees,

Congratulations of nice odd radius (or pyramidal) display Michael!

Same question what Kevin ask you: Why you finish the lawn first?.. I close a
shop where I was working just because there was a diamond dust halo display
outside!

In those photos you send I can see at least 9 and 18d halos for sure. 18d parhelia are also there as brightenings on sides of the 18d halo. Probably there is 23d upper parhelion too but it is not obvious. What halos there is
in that bright circular halo is not easy to say. It is probably the compination you mentioned (22+23+24) but it is also possible that there is no 22d halo at all. That halo should be measured to get some hint of that, unfortunately those halos does not have good and sharp inner edges to get reliable measurements.

In the photo Dcp04388.jpg there is probably also 20 degree halo. 18d halo is
very wide on the top part and it seems that upper left part of wide 18d halo
two halos can be actually seen side by side.

Best regards,
Jarmo