From: Michael Ellestad (bowlturner_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 05/08/2002

Dear list members,

  Today while mowing the lawn I saw a 22d halo with a faint halo fragment outside it. Upon seeing the halo I quickly finished the lawn, shut off the mower, grabbed the camera, batteries, and sunglasses and watched and waited. For a two and half hour period I saw 9d halo, upper and lower 9d parhelia, 18d halo and parhelia, a combination of 22,23,24d halos, upper 23d parhelion, circumzenith arc, and a very faint 35d halo. Heres some great photos of my display. This is the first good pyramidal halo display I have ever photographed and believe it or not I am a very happy halo observor!

Best,
Michael

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Health - your guide to health and wellness http://health.yahoo.com