From: Michael Ellestad (bowlturner_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 05/20/2003

Marko,

  I have done some experiments with a garden hose once to see how many interfernce arcs could be possible and the experimant gave good results, like the interference arcs look they have certain colors washed out and the inner most of the interference arcs were red and green but in one photo I got they were not circular because the larger drops fall down faster while the lighter ones still hang in the air for a while causing wider interfence bands. I have webpage and the URL is:

www.geocities.com/bowlturner/my_weatherpics.html

Marko I don't know if Jarmo told you abut me but I am also a halo observor and I live in the USA and when ever I get a big display I report it to FHON I have always been into atmospheric optics and in 2000 for I got what I thought was a double tangent arc and I found out later it was upper tangent arc with sunvex parry.

The interference bows page is under rainbows, click the rainbows link on my front page then scroll down till you see Rainbow Interference then click on photo gallery and you will find the first photo showing the interfernce arcs tapering away.

All the best,
Michael

Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo. http://search.yahoo.com