From: Harald Edens (edens_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 06/18/2003

>The word crepuscular is Latin for "body" or actually "bodily". So, I
think
>that that term can be used for any body that casts shadows and makes
>sunlight visible as rays: clouds, mountains, trees and such.

I need to correct myself. The Latin word is corpescular, not crepuscular. I have seen some older books that use the term corpescular rays for the twilight rays, to add to the confusion. Whether the word crepuscular is derived from corpescular, or if it is a different word, I don't know. Maybe someone else on the group knows?