From: Bev (cloudbow_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 08/14/1998

I know this is probably a common occurrence, but it was the first time I saw it. Here in southern Arizona we are in the middle of our monsoon season
where we are almost guaranteed thunderstorms every afternoon. On our way home from work on Tuesday, my husband and I saw a large bolt of lightning strike the ground from clear blue sky! There were a few very small white clouds floating around in the vicinity of the strike, but the thunderstorms
were many miles distant. The next day I read on the Web that lightning can strike up to 10 miles from the parent cloud. This was an exciting first for
me. :-)

Bev Parks
cloudbow_at_primenet.com
http://www.cloudbow.com