From: Jonathan A. Smith (jasmith_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 06/09/1998

> From: Veikko Makela <PVTMAKELA_at_KASKI.HELSINKI.FI>
> To: METEOPTIC_at_listserv.funet.fi
> Subject: Re: green skies
> Date: 09 June 1998 10:56
>
> > Does anyone out there know why the sky often turns green before
> > tornadoes?

 snip
   snip
> The association of green clouds with severe weather is a "solid" one.
I'd
> be suprised if there wasn't a comment on this topic in Weatherwise
> magazine, since they frequently deal with questions from readers.

I found this recent reference searching for "green storm" :

 Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, Volume 77, Number 12, 1996

 "Green thunderstorms observed."
GALLAGHER,F.W., BEASLEY,W.H. & BOHREN,C.F. pp.2889-2897

JAS

--
 Dr Jonathan A. Smith       ARIES Simulation &           ****   **
*****