From: =^.^= (bparks_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 07/06/1996

Thanks for the explanation, Paul! So the "pauses" are the transition areas
between the "spheres" where the chemical composition of the lower sphere is
changing into that of the upper sphere. Do I have that right?

Of course if that is true, then what about the ozone layer? Is the ozone actually part of the tropopause?

Paul Schlyter wrote:
>Oor atmosphere can be divided in several "spheres", and the top of each
>"sphere" is called a "pause". We have:
<snip>
>... With a few exceptions, all our clouds are
>tropospheric clouds (the exceptions are nacreous clouds which occur
>in the lower stratosphere, and the noctilucent clouds which occur
>close to the mesopause).

Are nacreous clouds and noctilucent clouds ever visible to us on the ground?

Ciao!
Bev =^.^= bparks_at_primenet.com
http://www.primenet.com/~bparks/
(Revised 7/4/96--New guest book)