From: Makela Veikko (PVTMAKELA_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 05/19/1995

> If you know of other references relevent to Minnaert-type "light-and-
> color-in-the-open-air" phenomena, I'd be pleased to add them to this
> bibliography. Perhaps we can compile an annotated, indexed bibliography
that
> can be made available via ftp.

    All these references who have are rather new one. Of cause their     gives the most information wht is going on in the field of optical     phenomena science.

    JOSA is of course very good source of many atmospheric phenomena     articles. Especialley there have been special issue for light and     color conferences. The latest one was July 1994 issue. We ordered     some of this issue. If I correctly remember the price from OSA was     about 30 USD.

    About halo literature Mr. Pekkola have collected a huge literature     reference list on just halos. It includes over 2000 refrences. Of     course there are lots of old, but rather interesting refrencies of     old observations.

    Dutch magazine Zenit published occasionally nice photos about phenomena.

    You should not forget some nice books on this field (here just few     example, which I can easily remember):

       Greenler: Rainbow, Halos and Glories (1980)
       Tape: Ice Crystal Halos (1994)
       Meinel-Meinel: Sunsets, Twilight and Evening Skies (1985)
       Minnaert: Light and Color in the Outdoors (new version, with new
photos)

       R.A.R. Tricker: Introduction to Meteorological Optics.

                                                       -Veikko-