From: Sirko Molau (sirko.molau_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 04/07/1995

de>

There are some famous historic halo displays, which are documented in the literature and therefore well known among halo observers. I'm not an expert
in history, but last September I got an surprising present. My parents came back from a holiday trip to Scandinavia. On their tour they eventually
visited a church in the Swedish capital Stockholm and found an interesting painting there. They know about my interest in halos and bought me a picture
postcard with this picture.
You see a wonderful halo display with a lot of rare halo types on it. The painting is astonishing accurate, you can determine most of the halo types without problems. Only the arcs above the 22 degree circle look a bit strange to me.
I don't know, whether this painting is published already somewhere. I attach
a short JPEG file of it at the end of the message, so that you can enjoy the beautiful display yourself.
An image with the double resolution is available at our Web site under http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~smo/halo/halo.gif

                                            regards, Sirko

Original Input File Size: 15762