From: Kevin Boyle (newchapelobservatory_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 06/01/2002

> from: Michael Ellestad <bowlturner_at_YAHOO.COM>
> date: Fri, 31 May 2002 23:44:18
> to: METEOPTIC_at_listserv.funet.fi
> subject: Re: Got vivid iridescence and bright corona!!
>
> Dear list members,
>
> I got what is probably the best example of
> iridescence I have seen it had every color of the
> rainbow and later on a vivid corona. Heres the
> photos. When I get time I want to put these on my
> webpage but won't be able to til monday because I
> have to get ready for graduation which will be
> sunday.
>
> I don't know what it is but I may just be lucky
> because I am always seeing some sort of
> spectacular atmospheric display.
>
> Best,
> Michael

Michael

It should be possible to see something nearly every day according to conditions. From 14th to and including 29th May some kind of optics were seen. Thats 16 days. A weak halo and sundogs, circumzenithal arc were seen on May 31 so this date is the start of the new run. So keep looking!

Best of Luck
Kevin