From: Michael Ellestad (bowlturner_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 05/22/2003

Marko,

  You are right interfernce arcs are not the route to the twinned primary because unlike interference arcs which show certain colors washed out the double primary arc shows all the spectral colors at once. The one I observed a few days ago was in front of a thunderstorm but was too faint but I could see the primary arc and it was twinned but if it were very bright I would have got some photos. The one arc looks a little offset and seperated and therefor I think it could be from oval drops but we may never know.

Best,
Michael

Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo. http://search.yahoo.com