From: Michael Ellestad (bowlturner_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 06/15/2003

Hello Listees,

 Ever heard of seeing optic effects form in raod paint? well I was on vacation in the smokey mountains and up near Clingman's Dome there was a paint truck repainting the edge lines and to make the paint more reflective and easy to see when a car's headlight hits tiny glass beads are used well my brother was the first to see it and I had my camera and I saw it too!!! and the bow was being generated by the tiny glass beads in the paint!!! The bow had a much smaller radius than a standard rainbow from water drops because the refractive index of glass is higher and the bow's radius is 28 degrees.

If any of you are interested heres some pics to look at, I am not sure if anyone has seen this but this was really cool.

Best,
Michael

Do you Yahoo!?
SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month! http://sbc.yahoo.com