From: Michael Ellestad (bowlturner_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 11/19/2004

> Hi all,
>
> this morning I finally succeeded in
> photographing a good fog bow, see photo
> below. Here in New Mexico (USA) fog is quite
> uncommon, as this is a desert
> climate and there is very little humidity.
> Also, as you all will know,
> photographing a good fogbow from the ground
> proves difficult anyway!
>
> I was a bit late, furiously trying to get a
> good vantage point without
> powerlines or car dealers in my view.
> Therefore the fog had almost
> dissipated by the time I took this picture,
> which you can see in the
> picture - the bow appears in almost clear blue
> sky! The first
> supernumerary bow inside the main bow is also
> barely visible.
>
> I had less than a minute to photograph this.
> Hopefully tomorrow I can try
> again earlier, if there is some fog.
>
> Photo was taken in Socorro, NM, using Nikon
> D100 with 18mm lens and
> circular polarizing filter.
>
> Harald

Harald,

  You got a nice fogbow image there. I live in Ohio and we get fog on the Ohio river quite often but sometimes in the morning we get quite a bit of fog.

This past october I managed to get some
spectacular images of a double fogbow from a car headlight and later on a nice lunar fogbow. I got the images on my homepage and to see them click on the rainbow section and then scroll down to the bottom and click on fogbows.

BTW: Did you see the aurora of Nov 7/8? I got quite a few nice pics with the Nikon D-100.

All of the best,

Michael

Do you Yahoo!?
The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!