From: Michael Ellestad (bowlturner_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 11/24/2004

> Arto Oksanen observed on Monday 22 Nov a
> spectacular halo
> display in Jdmsd in Central Finland. The were
> visible
> many very rare halo forms both in moonlight and
> by
> artifical light sources.
>
> Just few forms to be mentioned: Parry arc,
> full parselenic
> circle, infralateral arcs, Wegener and Greenler
> antselenic
> arcs (!!), antiselene (!!).. last two forms
> also formed by
> headlights of cars (!!!)..
>
> The ice crystal cloud was formed by snow canons
> in Himos
> slalom slobe.
>
> Digital photos are available in address:
> http://nyrola.jklsirius.fi/tmp/halot20041122
>

> regards,
> Veikko Mdkeld

Weikko,

  Sounds like a good halo display but is the link you typed correct? I keep getting cannot find server.

Speaking of lunar halos I got on the days 24th and 25th and fortunately I was camping and I got to take great images with my Nikon D-100

I also got to photograph for the FIRST TIME the northern lights which are are rare over southern ohio.

All of the best,

Michael

Do you Yahoo!?
Meet the all-new My Yahoo! - Try it today! http://my.yahoo.com