From: Michael Ellestad (bowlturner_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 12/03/2004

> Hi all,
>
> Yes Michael, that is probably a piece of
> Wegener arc above the tree tops and below the
> subhelic arc. Because in that direction we are
> looking inside the ice crystal cloud
> horizontally, the Wegener seems to get more
> brightness and show some colors.
>
> Jarmo Moilanen
> Finnish Halo Observers Network

Hi all,

Heres a simulation I did of the lunar display in Finland.

I also made a cool discovery, I did an emboss enhancement of the image showing the wegener arc and parhelic circle and inside the wegener arc there is a another arc inside it and I think it might be hastings arc.

All of the best,
Michael

Do you Yahoo!?
The all-new My Yahoo! - What will yours do? http://my.yahoo.com