From: pvtmakel_at_hidden_email_address.net
Date: 03/26/2005

Lainaus Mats Mattsson <matmat_at_TELIA.COM>:

> It looks like pine tree pollen.
> If you compare it with this image which is pine tree.
> It looks very much the same.

Hello!

Surely Harald's photos are caused by pollen, but I disagree it is caused by pine (or spruce) pollen. The corona is lacking brightenings on the top and bottow of the first order and on the side in the second order corona, which are typical for pine pollen coronae. The 'mickey mouse' shape of the pine pollen particles cause these features. Also the corona looks too round for pine pollen.

I think Claudia's suggestion of alder or hazeltree  is better. The later is not, however, familiar for me. In our laitudes there just few tress causing bright pollen coronae.

regards,
-Veikko Mäkelä-