From: Arto Oksanen (Arto.Oksanen_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 02/03/1997

My comments to the interesting fogbow - glory debate:

I saw number of fogbows and glorys from a mountaintop on La Palma (Canary Islands) while I was working at the Nordic Optical Telescope (attitude 2400 m).

Glories were very common on the cloud tops far below the observatory and when clouds just reached the top there was usually very nice fogbows too.

I dont remember seeing a fogbow without a glory if Sun position on sky was so that glory could be seen.

arto

--
Arto Oksanen   email:arto.oksanen_at_tietogroup.com