From: RUSS SAMPSON (Russell.Sampson_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 10/15/1996

On May 3, 1996 (UT) between 16:30 and 17:20 U.T. while my wife and I were on an Air Canada flight between London England and Edmonton Canada I saw and photographed a brilliant subsun and subsun parhelia. The subsun was reflected off of a very uniform layer of stratocirrus clouds. When I last saw the subsun it appeared reflected off of very thin cirrus over northern Canada. The image appeared to be an almost perfect reflection of the Sun (i.e. very sharp edges).

Russ Sampson.