From: James Lowery (PPA0001_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 10/07/1996

On Sun, 6 Oct 1996 01:27:30 +0800 Jun Lao said:
>Yesterday, the afternoon was muggy as usual, as the Intertropical
>Convergence Zone continues
>to play around our part of the world. What was interesting about
yesterday
>afternoon, was that
>nearing sunset, the sky turned into a salmon color all around. Quite
eerie,
>actually.
>
>There were times in the past, though, that the sky was a complete yellow
>color. Again, eerie.
>
>Jun

Yesterday (October 6th) we had yellow colored clouds with green sky in some
breaks in the clouds as the sun was setting. Then the clouds in the entire
sky turned to the salmon color as the sun set lower. Then some of the salmon
turned to deep purple. It was beautiful and at the same time illustrated well the countertwilight and how it can occur all across the sky, even high
overhead on the underside of the clouds under the right conditions.

James Lowery 33 1/2 degrees north, 86 1/2 degrees West Birmingham, Alabama USA