From: =^.^= (bparks_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 07/06/1996

I'm pretty sure I saw the Aurora Borealis once, way down here in southern Arziona. It was back in the early 80s--1980 or 1981. I lived in a small apartment complex in the desert way out of town. One night a neighbor came to my apartment and said, "come look at this." We walked outside and away from the apartments to get away from the lights from the windows. As we gazed north, it quickly became apparent that the northern horizon was glowing red. There were no colors or moving ribbons of light, just a distinct red glow as if there was some massive forest fire somewhere way to
the north. My boyfriend at the time took several photos of it using time exposure, and they came out great. (How I wish I had them now!)

We listened to the news the next day but there was nothing about any fires.
(And if this was a fire, it would have been so large that it would have
made
national news.) Someone told me that they heard that the Aurora was visible
that night, but I didn't hear that for myself. Is it possible? Do you all think that the Aurora is what I saw that night?

This is what I've believed I saw for 15 years. If you tell me it couldn't have been, I'll be crushed! ;-)

Ciao!
Bev =^.^= bparks_at_primenet.com
http://www.primenet.com/~bparks/
(Revised 7/4/96--New guest book)