From: Sirko Molau (sirko.molau_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 01/30/1996

As you may know we use a key to encode all halo observations in the SHB
(Sektion Halobeobachtung) group of the AKM. This key has been operating
since 1978 and underwent only slight modifications from that time on. This is why we have a database of currently more than 35.000 single halo observations (1986-95) available, which can be browsed and statistically analysed within seconds on a PC.
So far this key was only available in German, but currently we are working on an English translation to make it available to foreign observers, too. It is not clear yet whether I find the time to translate the
whole HALO program which is used to enter, store and analyse halo observations. However, if you are interested in the key I could make it available (possibly as a postscript file) to everybody. By the way, the current version of the HALO program (German) can be downloaded from ftp.tu-chemnitz.de, directory /pub/Local/msdos/astro/halo
(via anonymous ftp) or http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~smo/index.html#Halo
(via WWW).

Sirko