From: Veikko M{kel{ (PVTMAKELA_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 11/21/1995

> The biggest question in my mind is : Who are the people that will be
> asking these questions, and what site will they be accessing?
> I believe most of the people on this list are fairly experienced
> skywatchers, so we don't need an FAQ internally.
> An external FAQ could be something as simple as : Read Greenler's and
> Minnaert's book then join the list. (:^)

    I think you have understood my question incorrectly. I was     hunting these question, because I think people in this have     had the answer many times to these kind of questions and     know, what have been asked most. I though this would have     been very familiar for us atmospherists, but it seems no one     is interested in it.

    I don't need the FAQ listing for this list, but general purposes,     eg. for WWW. Besides I think not all the members of this list     are experts.

    Even you had this smiley after you last sentence, I take this     more seriously. I am not very sure that Greenler and Minnaert's     book gives really clear question to the most asked question.     There are so much info. Minnaert's book have very many topics     and it is very good for general source, but unfortunately it is     in many point quite an old-fashioned. Bob Greenler's book give     info only about few areas (rainbows, halos, glories and mirages)     and in halo part the information is a littlebit too old.

    BTW. Have you are good ideas for other books from this topic.

                                               -VeikkoM-