From: DARRYN_SCH_at_hidden_email_address.net
Date: 10/03/1995

The people that saw the supposed first spot of the new cycle are still saying that they think it is, and then point out to the question of "does that mean the new cycle has started ?", that the first spots appear around 18 (I think that was the number) months before the solar minimum is actually reached.

I leave for Casey, antarctica next month and hope to see some decent aurora, which is not common as Casey is so close to the south magnetic dip pole but the solar minimum might bring the oval in close enough.

Darryn Schneider