From: Tom Polakis (polakis_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 07/17/1995

I have posted two images of some interesting clouds that passed through Arizona last May. My guess is that they are some sort of wave clouds in the jet stream, based on some similar images in Peterson's "Field Guide to the Atmosphere". I would appreciate any additional notes about these clouds.

The photographs were taken with a full-frame fisheye lens of 15mm focal length. They were taken from my front yard in Tempe, AZ at around sunrise.
There was nothing special about the weather that day with the exception of the passage of a late Spring low pressure trough.

You can view the two JPEG's directly by going to the following URL:

http://www.indirect.com/www/polakis/waveh.jpg http://www.indirect.com/www/polakis/wavev.jpg

Or you can view them as in-line JPEG's. This is not advisable, as you may have to scroll to view the entire images. The in-line images are at:

http://www.indirect.com/www/polakis/wave.html

Tom

Tom Polakis
Tempe, AZ