From: Bruce Young <B.Young_at_uq.net.au>
To: meteorobs_at_jovian.com <meteorobs_at_jovian.com> Date: 16. kesäkuuta 2001 18:08
Subject: Re: (meteorobs) Odd "vortex" cloud photo......

>This same cloud phenomena actually popped up on the aussie weather mailing
>list here a few days ago Check out:
>
>http://www.schools.ash.org.au/paa/a4colddown.htm

Hello Robert

Small world isn't it...

I know the guy who runs that weather project and the school mentioned with the photograph is just up the road. I also manage the email server that sends out the email for the list they use and I used to manage the server where the web site now is.

Keep an eye on the site as there is a list member in Kalgoorlie, Western Australia who is monitoring the launch of the 2001 Round-the-World Balloon attempt by Steve Fossett. She has been sending great preparation pictures to the PAA list.

http://www.schools.ash.org.au/paa/kalgoorlie.htm

I'm also doing an astronomy course and one of the other students serves on an aircraft carrier (Theodore Roosevelt) and he sent us this mpeg of a flyby breaking the sound barrier.

http://www.uq.net.au/~zzbyoung/f14mach.mov

thanks
Bruce
To UNSUBSCRIBE from the 'meteorobs' email list, use the Web form at: http://www.tiac.net/users/lewkaren/meteorobs/subscribe.html