From: Les Cowley (sun1_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 05/01/2001

Gerrit,

As Mark has just said, Halo3 will easily do a ray trace colour simulation for prism reflections and refraction provided you specify the prism orientations - I assume that you do not want purely random orientations. Michael Schroeder and myself did some simulations for (ice) triangular prisms to simulate Kern arcs - will try to find the triangular 'crystal' file again.

Les Cowley

Hello,
I am looking for a programm what can simulate refraction and reflection from a single lightbeam throug a pencil or column prism in all possible directions, like the figures in walter Tape's Atmospheric Halos. Of course the best would be together with the numerical datas about angles etc. I tried to make such a simulation with Studio Max, but I did not succeed in it. On internet I found some programms that gives the raypaths in one direction (cross-section of a prism); so the raypath is only to change in one direction.
Thanking you in advance for help or advice. Gerrit Breman