From: Jarmo Moilanen (jarmom_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 11/09/2001

Hi Claudia,

Congratulations for the photographer!

That's one of the best photographed cases I have seen so far. This V-shape arc at half way between 22° upper tangent arc and the sun is strange (we don't know what kind of ice crystal is producing it), but it is not extremely rare halo. I can remember at least 7 other very good photographed
cases. All (except one possible upper cloud case) have been seen in low level diamond dust displays. This Switzerland display is very similar than the Viitasaari display 8 January 1999 here in Finland. In Viitasaari display
there was also Parry and heliac arc with very well defined Moilanen arc. The
same halo has been observed already twice in Rovaniemi, Finland this month by Jukka Ruoskanen.

Jarmo Moilanen
FHON