From: Jose Banuelos (autojoe2000_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 01/03/2003

Hi all

Im new to this list but I have been interested and taking photographs of atmospheric optical phenomena as well as other rare events for about two years. I live in southern California (US) and was wondering for all you who have more experience, is it possible to see spectacular displays of halos here?. In two years of almost daily observation I have seen 22 degree halos, parhelia (sundogs), iridescent clouds, a few circunzenithal arcs and about two faint tangent arcs. But I have yet to see a sun pillar (which is supposed to be more frequent than the CZA), nor any of the more rare halos...

Thanks

Do you Yahoo!?