From: Kevin Boyle (Newchapelobservatory_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 01/06/2003

Hi all

Is the reflection of Jame's parhelion the same as the original?

What I mean is, was James seeing the same light beams refracted then reflected off the water? If not, then technically he is seeing four different parhelions? (If each eye sees it's own image?).

I know this applies to halos and rainbows. If fact let's complicate things (then again hopefully someone will have the answer) can you ever see the same rainbow? Taking into account raindrops are falling and the light waves
are being reflected and refracted by new raindrops.

Regards

Kevin