From: Michael Ellestad (bowlturner_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 02/16/2005

Hello Listees,

  I have seen many rare halos but today I got to see a new halo. I was down near the spring down in the hollow on our farm when I looked up and noticed a white ellipical halo forming a vertical oval. I ran to the house as fast as I could, grabbed my Nikon and shot once, twice and three times.

The photos show the exotic oval halo and possibly fragments of another ellipse.

Heres one of the photos of this strange halo. I don't know if there are any documented cases of elliptical halos in the U.S. but if there is'nt then mine might be the first.

NOTE: If you sit back from the monitor you can see the ellipse clearly.

All of the best,

Michael

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - Helps protect you from nasty viruses. http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail