From: Pascal Orrit (orritpascal_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 05/27/2005

Hi, listees, here are some news from French halos :-)

On wednesday, the 25th of may, I had a nice bright (and hot) day, with a lot of cirrus clouds passing by.
I started the day in Paris, with a nice circumzenithal arc, then went to Beauvais (150 km north of Paris). On the way, small sundogs appeared, and a slight 220 halo. Just before I visited the famous cathedral of Beauvais, the 220 halo was present on the upper and lower part, together with parts of the circumscribed halo. A few minutes later, I noticed a very faint infralateral arc. I tried to take pictures, but I'm not sure they will come out very well, maybe with great enhancement? At that time, no trace of a circum horizontal arc.
Later in the afternoon, a faint circumscribed halo again, with the 22, and then remained only the upper and lower parts, as sundogs re-appeared, together with parts of the parhelic circle... The day ended with thickening cirruses, and no more distinct features, sadly. It's been a great day looking up!

Yesterday again, some upper and lower parts of the 220, and sometimes parhelia, but nothing really stunning.

Veikko, please keep me on the list too (I guess it would have been automatical, but though).
Greetings,

 Pascal

Do You Yahoo!?