From: S. Jak (jak_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 07/19/1999

Yes, it sure looks like it. Last year i made an almost similair photo of the 9 deg halo by moonlight. On the 26 th of May (1999) there was also a very nice halo in the Netherlands, with all kinds of rear halo's (like the 9 deg) reported, from different parts of the country.

It's my opinion that this kind of halo isn't that much rare as we might think, you 'only' have to look as much as you can, and with good eyes (sunglasses will help!). In an investigation of the years 1987-1996, that i'm making, there are many reports of this kind of halos in the Netherlands.

This report will be ready at the end of this year/begin 2000. I'll let you kwnow!

Greetings,

Stefan Jak
Holland