From: Jarmo Moilanen (jarmom_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 03/04/1999

Hello everyone,

> Do you know halo drawings before the year 1551? I heard about halo
> drawings from the Bronze Age. Is this true?

There is a drawings of possible 22 deg halos and upper tangent arcs from Bronze Age in the starting page of my www-halo guide:

www.netppl.fi/~jarmom/Haloguid/index.htm

Unfortunately my halo guide is everything but ready. I will do it this spring
(I
hope so)...

I will put some images of the great 11th January 1999 display at the South Pole as soon as I'll get my slides from photolab.

There is also some studies about petroglyphs of American indians (at least something was in Applied Optics, 20 July 1994).

Regards,
Jarmo Moilanen