From: Veikko Makela (PVTMAKELA_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 07/14/1997

     Hello, all!

   I have updated METEOPTIC homepages and added some new    information on them. Pages are available on address:

   http://www.funet.fi/pub/astro/html/eng/obs/meteoptic/

   (sorry, quite a long URL).

   All kind of tips about new links, additions to subscriber's    homepage list and wished are welcome. About one year ago    there weren't much info on atmospheric optics on WWW,    but the number of pages have increased much.

   At the moment I have taken away reviews and discussions    in our list. It is very hard the update those. I am    planning to put some most informative and interesting    messages into METEOPTIC homepages, but not right now.    If old subscriber's have some suggestions, what would    be nice the show newer readers, those ideas are    welcome.

   www.reference.com is archieving also METEOPTIC mailing    list. I tried to use their site, but I didn't find    METEOPTIC archives yet.

   At the moment METEOPTIC list have been quiet. I haven't    heard even noctilucent cloud reports, which were quite    popular in the last summer. Well, I have myself seen    only one display.

                                           regards,
                                           -VeikkoM-

------- The latest status on METEOPTIC ----------------

*